Sunday, August 05, 2007

 

Fun with friends and family (& furry & feathered beasts)



I had a really good week. I went hiking with Mommy and Miss Connie on Wildwood Trail. Mommy carried me for half the hike and then I wanted to run. I made Connie race me up the hill. She'd stop running and I'd say "again, again" - I ran almost the whole way from Dogwood Trail to the parking lot at Wildwood and 53rd Ave. I don't really know what that means but it is a long way and uphill!

I also met up with my friend Tarn from swim class and we went to the zoo. It was really fun to go to the zoo with a friend. We even got to see the wild bird show this time. It was really cool to see my favorite owl flying! The birds flew from perch to perch and they went really low. I wasn't even allowed to stand up - they might hit my head they fly so low!

Yesterday, we went to the Portland Farmer's Market. It was really fun - there was a big grassy areas for me to run around and there was tons of food! I really really like all the berries but I also had a little pizza and a little bit of cream scone. There were lots of pretty flowers to look at too. Mommy wants to bring home a nice bunch of flowers next time. This time, Daddy got some halibut and salmon and we grilled it. The best part was that Uncle Todd came over to share! Mommy also made a tart with the blueberries though everyone loves them plain. I had a ton of fun with Uncle Todd. We sat and looked at my book of animals and talked about it. He's pretty cool. Oh, I think I like the salmon better than the halibut. Just in case you were wondering.

Today we went to see a new state park, Stub Stewart State Park, it was pretty cool. There were trails and stuff and there were some flowers and some grass near the parking area where I could run around. The best part? HORSES!! I love horses. It was so much fun to see so many horses. We went to the area where the horses camp and I visited with some nice horses. One horse tried to eat the flowers I was holding! Daddy had to put them in his pocket to keep them safe. (They weren't fancy native flowers, tree hugger friends, they were pretty invasive weeds.)

On the way home, we picked up some blackberries at a roadside place - they are sooooo nummy. These blackberries taste a little wild. I like it that way.

Comments:
Glad you enjoyed the park. If we had a horse concession up there (you know, where you pay to take a horseback ride through the woods), would you do it?

Chris Havel
Oregon Parks and Recreation Dept
email: chris dot havel at state dot or dot us
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Clara Willson. Make your own badge here.