Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

Weekend Update

It's that time of the year again -- time for the Brooklyn Neighborhood Ice Cream Social and Barking Octoberfest! Yesterday was the Octoberfest, They have sausages AND pets for adoption. I saw a cat and many, many dogs. It's right down the street from my house. There were also old German men playing polka music with an accordion. Scout came, too, but he was disappointed that we missed the sausage-eating contest for dogs.

But before that, we tried out our new bike trailer. I am reserving judgement on the trailer -- it is bumpy, and if you fall asleep, you rub against the wheels -- but I like our destinations. We went up to Belmont Stumptown, had some coffee and snacks, and saw a bit of the street fair. I'm the girl with the bunny helmet.


Today at the ice cream social there was a fire truck and balloons and animals from the zoo. I thought the zoo animals were a bit scary, but I did like all the dogs! I had sausage for lunch again. Don't worry, I ate like a pound of whole wheat penne for dinner and topped it off with some raspberries.

I've been working hard at my running and walking. Scout loooves it when I lead him around by his leash. I spun Dad around on the merry-go-round at Brooklyn Park the other day, and I like to push my stroller around. I've decided it's best if I pick out the books that Dad and I read each night. My new favorite is Daddy's Girl. I've also said Mmmum-mommy a few times. But only to Daddy when Mommy's not around.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Clara Willson. Make your own badge here.