Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

Doctor Shmoctor

Just wanted to let everyone know that my one year old check up went fine last week. I was really squirmy (I can't help it!) so they had a REALLY hard time getting my height and weight but I'm about 21 pounds, 1 ounce now and 30 inches long. My blood was normal - I'm not anemic and I don't have dangerous levels of lead in my blood. Whew.

Dr. Jim says I seem to be doing all the things a one year old should do. He says that I seem like I'm more active and curious than some babies and that I might just hurt myself with all my climbing and that it is Mommy's job to keep that from happening. Whew - glad it isn't my job! Oh and he said I'm more talkative than most babies my age. Hahah. He didn't really say it that way - he said I might be a little ahead verbally because I was showing off and I said "Hi" right when he walked into the room and some other things. I don't know what other babies say but talking is fun even when no one else understands you. He also said that I should get 2-6 teeth in any day. Mommy sees bits of at least 2 teeth but my gums are red and swollen everywhere in the front. No wonder I've been fussy.

Speaking of fussy, they gave me FOUR shots and then took some of my blood. Yikes. I was pretty upset. I liked the nurse Heather, though, even after she gave me shots. I even reached out for her to hold me when she came back after the shots. She was shocked that I forgave her so quickly and she gave me a baby cookie! Lesson learned: Be sweet and get sweets. SWEET!

Kisses to everybody! (Oh - there's a new Mommy's Day post somewhere below - I forgot to write about that before Grandma and Grandpa came.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Clara Willson. Make your own badge here.